who books portrait photography?
Portrait photography can be an intimate study that captures the unique qualities in each of us, or it can be a contextual survey of people or groups in their natural environment. Family portraits speak for themselves, however, many people miss the opportunity for family portraits to include extended family members and pets, holiday portraiture and even favourite places like a local cafe or bar, lane way or main street in your town.
why is great portrait photography important?
Portrait bookings are made for many reasons…
- Family portraits turn those precious milestones into artworks to embellish the walls of your home
- Seeing images of the family together helps to foster a child’s sense of belonging
- Well compiled fashion photography portfolios help to kick-start modelling careers
- Self-portraits offer a way to see yourself as others see you, or to see yourself in a ‘better’ light – see our goddess packages for inspiration
- Portrait photos are a wonderful gift that endure for generations
- A picture is worth a thousand words
where does the photo shoot take place?
I generally photograph people in their natural environment as I find it allows for the most candid insights into each personality. However, if you would like a more theatrical photo shoot this can be staged against a background environment that evokes whatever ‘mood’ you want to project e.g. industrial, urban, beach, festival, botanical garden, native bush. Usually photo shoots take two hours and photo editing is completed within two weeks after the photo shoot.
how much does portrait photography cost and how can I book a photo shoot?*
Every portrait shoot is unique. Please contact me and I can tailor make a package to suit your needs.
Let me know if you’d like me to arrange or advise you on printing and framing of your images.
events and commercial photography
Events and commercial photography can include product shots, styling, corporate or business events and functions, galas, festivals and gatherings, group portraiture for bands, performance artists and clubs, photography of art or antique collections, landscaping and architecture, industrial, design portfolios, fashion photo shoots and more.
Prices for commercial and event photography start from $850.00 and include:
- a pre shoot consultation
- photo shoot (up to 4 hours)
- 30 professionally edited digital image files
Please note there are many variables to accommodate the diverse needs of commercial clients. Contact me to book a commercial or event photo shoot and to discuss pricing details.